Friday, May 16, 2014

Update!


Well Hello World!

It has been a crazy last few months... I know I have not been writing lately.  Over the past few weeks a few people have asked why.  I don't really know what the answer is...  I think a part of it was that I did not want to be bragging.  I feel like my life has change so much over the past year.  To the point that I do kind of feel "too" lucky.  This can not be really happening right?

I am going to take a minute a recap a few of the most important moments:

1) I went to my Neurologist on Tuesday for a check up.   My doctor at Rush University Hospital was so amazing.  He first was so excited to hear that I was completely off of my medicine.  I mean EVERYTHING!! No more of any type of medication.  This is just so different to a year ago at this time when I was having break through pain on 13 pills and a 24 hour fentanyl patch.  I had a few questions about break through pain.  I have had a few days where I have been able to manage the pain.  But still get shocks of pain down my face.  Two weeks ago when I had the stomach flue and was puking I had it pretty bad.  But I refused to take any medicine other than naproxen.  It went away after I stopped puking.  Then with the weather having PMS lately I have had some breakthrough pain.  I wanted to make sure that this was normal and not out of the ordinary.  He said that it seemed normal but did call the Neurosurgeon just to check.  They both feel like it is some what normal. So this is all exciting news.

2) Yesterday I went to Springfield with my 7th grade students.  Last year I was in so much pain I don't even remember certain parts of it.  This trip was not perfect by any means I had a migraine and a few jabs but nothing that made me too scared.  All the students had such a good time and I had an even better time actually getting to talk to them and hang out with them on the bus ride and through out the day.

3) On Wednesday we had Dinner dance with our students.  I could actually jump around and be silly with the students and did not have to pay for it the next day or that night.  It was just so relaxing and fun!

4) Today I gave a twitter presentation to teachers that work at my school.  This alone would have been enough to set off my face before.  Due to the fact that I was really stressed and nervous about it.   However, I was completely fine and had so much fun with my co-workers.

5)  In the last few weeks I have done many fun things but going to one of my best friend's Bachelorette Weekends had to be one of the most special.  Now, I would have gone no matter what before even when I was very sick, because she is one of my best friends and I would never miss that.  But I would have been scared out of my mind.  I would have been so worried about holding people back or having all of my medicine or having my face flare up and not able to talk, dance, or get out of bed even,  It was just such a different experience.  We were about 2 hours outside of Chicago when I realized I did not even bring medicine in case I had a flare up.  I did not pack anything! It was crazy and to tell you the truth a little scary.  I was going to be five hours away with no way of getting to my medicine.  We went out Friday night hard and I stayed awake and had fun with my friends.  I even realized that we were missing one of our friends when we got into the cars that picked us up.  Friends that have TN know how crazy that is.  After a drink on all of the medicine I would never have been aware enough to notice that we were missing someone.  Then to wake up the next morning fine and to day drink and hang out at the Derby all day was crazy.  I did not have to take a nap or stop talking or hanging out with my friends.  I don't know if people noticed this before I tried to be so subtle but when I knew I had a long day of talking I would take breaks where I would force myself not to talk.  I knew that if I talked too much I would live to regret it.  I know that some people might still wish I did this.  I can be a bit of a talker! hahaha But really the weekend was so amazing and I felt so lucky to help my friend celebrate her special time!
High School Besties! 

The Blushing soon to be bride and I. 

Rachel, Britt, Myself, and MC

Christine and I

The Derby! 

All 19 of us! 

6) Two Weekends ago I also got to meet one of my amazing friends baby Colin! He was born a few months ago but she lives all the way in Miami.  She came in for the week to introduce Colin to her family and friends.  So I woke up all the girls on Sunday morning and made them leave KY so I could drive back in time to meet baby Colin (PS I thought that they all might kill me!).  It was such a wonderful day getting time to hang out with all of my Alpha Phi sisters and their husbands and children! We are getting so old that we are adding babies to the family.  Let me tell you that when I became a part of these girls families I really lucked out.  They have been there for me through all of this.  Holding my hand, telling me it will be ok, yelling at me when I was being ridiculous, but even more importantly listening to me cry and understanding that it was what I really needed.  Their husbands have become brothers to me.  I would do anything for any of them, just like I know they would do for me! They even make fun of me like brothers do, and let me tell you that on Sunday when I was so tired and maybe a little hungover from the weekend it did NOT stop.  But I loved every single second of it.  I had deep conversations and special moments with each one! 
Colin and I!
The whole goofy family! 
7) This past weekend we also celebrated my husbands 30th birthday.  It's the first year that I have felt like I was totally able to plan the event by myself.  We had a trolley of 30 people and then went to the bar after! It was amazing to just drive around and laugh and celebrate how wonderful my husband is and has been to me over the years.  He really and truly has done so much the whole 9 years that we have been together but especially this past year.  Watching your wife have exploratory brain surgery and having it all about her for a long time can not be easy on anyone! So last weekend it was all about him! It felt great not talking about my face or how I was doing and really and truly focusing on how amazing my husband and our friends are! I love them all so very much! Both of our families were also represented and that made it even more fun!
All 30 of us! 
Mom, Dad, Myself, and my Brother! 
The husband and I! 




I continue to be a lucky girl that is just figuring things out one day at a time.  But also trying to remember to live the life that was on hold for a little bit too long.  To explore the parts of life that I just didn't fully understand before, and to let things go that I have no control over! 

Love you all, and until next time! 

1 comment:

  1. All thanks to this great herbal doctor who cured me from (LUPUS DISEASE) his name is dr imoloa.  I suffered lupus disease for over 8 years with pains like: joints, Skin rash,  Pain in the chest,  swollen joints and many more.  The anti-inflammatory drugs couldn’t cure me, until I read about his recommendation. 2 months ago, I contacted him through his email address. drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com . and he sent me the herbal treatment through DHL courier service and he instructed me on how to drink it for good two weeks. after then,  And I was confirmed cured and free at the hospital after taken his powerful herbal medications You too can be cured with it if interested, he also uses his powerful herbal healing medicine to cure disease like: parkison disease, vaginal cancer, epilepsy,  Anxiety Disorders, Autoimmune Disease,  Back Pain,  Back Sprain,   Bipolar Disorder,  Brain Tumour,  Malignant,  Bruxism, Bulimia,  Cervical Disk Disease, cardiovascular disease, Neoplasms,  chronic respiratory disease,  mental and behavioural disorder,  Cystic  Fibrosis,  Hypertension, Diabetes, asthma,  Inflammatory autoimmune-mediated arthritis.  chronic kidney disease, inflammatory joint disease, back pain,  impotence,  feta  alcohol spectrum,  Dysthymic Disorder,   Eczema, skin cancer,  tuberculosis,  Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, constipation, inflammatory bowel  disease, bone cancer, lungs cancer,  mouth ulcer,  mouth cancer, body pain, fever, hepatitis A.B.C.,   syphilis,  diarrhea,  HIV/AIDS,  Huntington's Disease,  back acne,  Chronic renal failure,   addison disease,  Chronic Pain,   Crohn's  Disease,   Cystic Fibrosis,  Fibromyalgia,   Inflammatory Bowel Disease,  fungal  nail disease, Lyme Disease, Celia disease, Lymphoma, Major  Depression,  Malignant Melanoma,   Mania,  Melorheostosis,   Meniere's  Disease,  Mucopolysaccharidosis , Multiple Sclerosis,  Muscular  Dystrophy,  Rheumatoid Arthritis, Alzheimer's Disease, bring back relationship spell.      Contact him today  and get a permanent cure. contact him via... email- drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com  /whatssapp-+2347081986098.
    website-www.drimolaherbalmademedicine.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete